- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
ARTIF'ICER, noun [Latin artifex, from ars, and facio.]
1. An artist; a mechanic or manufacturer; one whose occupation requires skill or knowledge of a particular kind; as a silversmith, or sadler.
2. One who makes or contrives; an inventor; as an artificer of fraud or lies.
3. A cunning, or artful fellow. [not used.]