- Bible Reference: Job 21:17
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H2505 Used 1 time
DISTRIBUTE, verb transitive [Latin , to give or divide.]
1. To divide among two or more; to deal; to give or bestow in parts or portions. Moses distributed lands to the tribes of Israel. Christ distributed the loaves to his disciples.
2. To dispense; to administer; as, to distribute justice.
3. To divide or separate, as into classes, orders, kinds or species.
4. To give in charity.
Distributing to the necessities of the saints. Romans 12:1.
5. In printing, to separate types, and place them in their proper cells in the cases.
DISTRIBUTED, participle passive Divided among a number; dealt out; assigned in portions; separated; bestowed.
DISTRIBUTER, noun One who divides or deals out in parts; one who bestows in portions; a dispenser.