- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: Yes
- Included in BDB: No
- G5517 Used 4 times
EARTH'Y, adjective Consisting of earth; as earthy matter.
1. Resembling earth; as an earthy taste or smell.
2. Partaking of earth; terrene.
3. Inhabiting the earth; terrestrial; as earthy spirits.
4. Relating to earth; as an earthy sign.
5. Gross; not refined; as an earthy conceit.
6. earthy fracture, in mineralogy, is when the fracture of a mineral is rough, with minute elevations and depressions.