- Haste used 55 times.
- hasted used 23 times.
- Hasten used 8 times.
- hastened used 7 times.
- hasteneth used once.
- hasteth used 9 times.
- hasting used twice.
- hasty used 9 times.
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
HASTY, adjective Quick; speedy; opposed to slow.
Be not hasty to go out of his sight. Ecclesiastes 8:3.
1. Eager precipitate; rash; opposed to deliberate.
Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words?
There is more hope of a fool than of him. Proverbs 29:20.
2. Irritable; easily excited to wrath; passionate.
He that is hasty of spirit exalteth folly. Proverbs 14:29.
3. Early ripe; forward; as hasty fruit. Isaiah 28:4.
HASTYPUDDING, noun A pudding made of the meal of maiz moistened with water and boiled, or of milk and flour boiled.