- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
UNCOVER, verb transitive
1. To divest of a cover; to remove any covering from; a word of general use.
2. To deprive of clothes; to strip; to make naked.
3. To unroof; as a building.
4. To take off the hat or cap; to bare the head.
5. To strip of a vail, or of any thing that conceals; to lay open; to disclose to view.
UNCOVERED, participle passive Divested of a covering or clothing; laid open to view; made bare.
UNCOVERING, participle present tense Divesting of a cover or of clothes; stripping of a vail; laying open to view.