- afar used 51 times.
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H4480 Used 3 times
AF'AR, adverb [a and far. See Far.]
1. At a distance in place; to or from a distance; used with from preceding, or off following; as, he was seen from afar; I saw him afar off.
2. In scripture, figuratively, estranged in affection; alienated.
My kinsmen stand afar off. Psalms 38:11.
3. Absent; not assisting.
Why standest thou afar off, O Lord? Psalms 10:1
4. Not of the visible church. Ephesians 2:17.