- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: Yes
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
The ornamental head or capital of a pillar. Three Hebrew words are so rendered.
2. Tzepheth (2 Chronicles 3:15).
the capital of a pillar; i.e. the upper part, as the term is used in modern architecture.
1. The upper part or capital of a column or pillar; a word used in the scriptures. [See Capital.]
2. That which is delivered by the mouth of the justice in his charge to the inquest.