- Bible Reference: Joel 3:3
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H3207 Used 1 time
GIRL, noun gerl. [Low Latin gerula, a young woman employed in tending children and carrying them about, from gero, to carry; a word probably received from the Romans while in England.]
1. A female child, or young woman. In familiar language, any young unmarried woman.
2. Among sportsmen, a roebuck of two years old.
GIRL'HOOD, noun The state of a girl. [Little used.]
GIRL'ISH, adjective Like a young woman or child; befitting a girl.
1. Pertaining to the youth of a female.
GIRL'ISHLY, adverb In the manner of a girl.