- mean used 22 times.
- meanest used 4 times.
- meaneth used 8 times.
- meaning used 3 times.
- means used 35 times.
- First Reference: Daniel 8:15
- Last Reference: 1 Corinthians 14:11
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: Yes
- Included in BDB: Yes
ME'ANING, participle present tense Having in mind; intending; signifying.
ME'ANING, noun That which exists in the mind, view or contemplation as a settled aim or purpose, though not directly expressed. We say, this or that is not his meaning
1. Intention; purpose; aim; with reference to a future act.
I am no honest man, if there by any good meaning towards you.
2. Signification. What is the meaning of all this parade? The meaning of a hieroglyphic is not always obvious.
3. The sense of words or expressions; that which is to be understood; signification; that which the writer or speaker intends to express or communicate. Words have a literal meaning or a metaphorical meaning and it is not always easy to ascertain the real meaning
4. Sense; power of thinking. [Little used.]