- Bible Reference: Ecclesiastes 7:3
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H7455 Used 1 time
Webster's 1828 Dictionary
1. Sorrowfulness; mournfulness; dejection of mind; as grief and sadness at the memory of sin.
2. A melancholy look; gloom of countenance.
Dim sadness did not spare Celestial visages.
3. Seriousness; sedate gravity. Let every thing in a mournful subject have an air of sadness