- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
DAWN'ING, participle present tense 1. Growing light; first appearing luminous; opening; as the dawning day.
2. Opening; expanding; beginning to show intellectual light; beginning.
1. The first appearance of light in the morning.
2. The first opening or appearance of the intellectual powers; beginning; as the first dawning of notions in the understanding.