- Bible Reference: 2 Corinthians 3:12
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: No
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: No
PLA'INNESS, noun Levelness; evenness or surface.
1. Want of ornament; want of artificial show.
So modest plainness sets off sprightly wit.
2. Openness; rough, blunt or unrefined frankness.
Your plainness and your shortness please me well.
3. Artlessness; simplicity; candor; as unthinking plainness
4. Clearness; openness; sincerity.
Seeing then we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech. 2 Corinthians 3:12.