- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
WARRE, adjective Worse.
WARREN, noun [See Guard, Warrant and Wary.]
1. A piece of ground appropriated to the breeding and preservation of rabbits.
2. In law, a franchise or place privileged by prescription or grant from the king, for keeping beasts and fowls. The warren is the next franchise in degree to the park; and a forest, which is the highest in dignity, comprehends a chase, a park and a free warren
3. A place for keeping fish in a river.
WARRENER, noun The keeper of a warren.