To whom God is father.
4. One of the Gadite heroes who joined David in his stronghold in the wilderness (1 Chronicles 12:9).
God is my father; God is the father
3. Ancestor of Samuel
1 Chronicles 6:27
1 Samuel 1:1
1 Chronicles 6:34
4. Son of Jesse, and eldest brother of David
A prince in the tribe of Judah
1 Chronicles 27:18
5. A hero of the tribe of Gad
1 Chronicles 12:9
(God is my father).
- Son of Helon and leader of the tribe of Zebulun at the time of the census in the wilderness of Sinai. (Numbers 1:9; 2:7; 7:24,29; 10:16) (B.C. 1490.)
- A Reubenite, father of Dathan and Abiram. (Numbers 16:1,12; 26:8,9; 11:6)
- One of David's brothers, the eldest of the family. (1 Samuel 16:6; 17:13,28; 1 Chronicles 2:13) (B.C. 1063.)
- A Levite in the time of David, who was both a "porter" and a musician on the "psaltery." (1 Chronicles 15:18,20; 16:5)
- One of the warlike Gadite leaders who came over to David when he was in the wilderness taking refuge from Saul. (1 Chronicles 12:9) (B.C. 1061.)
- An ancestor of Samuel the prophet; a Kohathite Levite, son of Nahath. (1 Chronicles 6:27) (B.C. 1250).
- Son of Nathan'l, one of the fore-fathers of Judith, and therefore belonging to the tribe of Simeon. Judith 8.1.