- accursed used 20 times.
- First Reference: Deuteronomy 21:23
- Last Reference: Galatians 1:9
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: Yes
- Included in BDB: Yes
Naves Topical Index
What so called
Deuteronomy 21:23; Joshua 6:17; Joshua 7:1; 1 Chronicles 2:7; Isaiah 65:20; Galatians 1:8
Webster's 1828 Dictionary
ACCURS'ED, participle passive or adjective
1. Doomed to destruction or misery:
The city shall be accursed. Joshua 6:17
2. Separated from the faithful; cast out of the church; excommunicated.
I could wish myself accursed from Christ.
3. Worthy of the curse; detestable; execrable.
Keep from the accursed thing. Joshua 6:18.
4. Wicked; malignant in the extreme.