- Bible Reference: 1 John 3:19
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: Yes
- Included in BDB: No
- G3982 Used 1 time
ASSU'RE, verb transitive ashu're. [See Assurance.]
1. To make certain; to give confidence by a promise, declaration, or other evidence; as, he assured me of his sincerity.
2. To confirm; to make certain or secure.
And it shall be assured to him. Leviticus 27:19.
3. To embolden; to make confident.
And hereby we shall assure our hearts before him. 1 John 3:1.
4. To make secure, with of before the object secured; as, let me be assured of your fidelity.
5. To affiance; to betroth. obsolete
6. To insure; to covenant to indemnify for loss. [See Insure.]
ASSU'RED, participle passive Made certain or confident; made secure; insured.
ASSU'RED, adjective Certain; indubitable; not doubting; bold to excess.
ASSU'REDLY, adverb Certainly; indubitably.
Assuredly thy son Solomon shall reign. 1 Kings 1:13.
ASSU'REDNESS, noun The state of being assured; certainty; full confidence.
ASSU'RER, noun One who assumes; one who insures against loss; an insurer or underwriter.