- brutish used 11 times.
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
BRU'TISH, adjective Like a brute or beast; as a brutish form.
1. Insensible; stupid; as brutish men.
2. Unfeeling; savage; ferocious; brutal.
3. Gross; carnal; bestial.
4. Ignorant; uncivilized; untaught.
BRU'TISHLY, adverb In the manner of a brute; grossly; irrationally; stupidly; savagely.
BRU'TISHNESS, noun Stupidity; insensibility; brutality; savageness; the qualities of a brute.