- Bible Reference: Judges 9:16
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H1576 Used 1 time
DESERVING, participle present tense
1. Meriting; having a just claim to reward; justly meriting punishment.
2. Worthy of reward or praise; meritorious; possessed of good qualities that entitle to approbation; as a deserving officer.
DESERVING, noun The act of meriting; desert; merit.
If ye have done to him according to the deserving of his hands. Judges 9:16.
DESERVINGLY, adverb Meritoriously; with just desert.