- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: Yes
- Included in BDB: No
- G3618 Used 3 times
ED'IFY, verb transitive [Latin oedifico; oedes, a house, and facio, to make.]
1. To build, in a literal sense. [Not now used.]
2. To instruct and improve the mind in knowledge generally, and particularly in moral and religious knowledge, in faith and holiness.
Edify one another. 1 Thessalonians 5:11.
3. To teach or persuade. [Not used.]
ED'IFYING, participle present tense Building up in christian knowledge; instructing; improving the mind.
ED'IFYINGLY, adverb In an edifying manner.