- Bible Reference: 1 Peter 4:9
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: Yes
- Included in BDB: No
- G1112 Used 1 time
GRUDG'ING, participle passive Envying; being uneasy at another's possession of something which we have a desire to possess.
GRUDG'ING, noun Uneasiness at the possession of something by another.
1. Reluctance; also, a secret wish or desire.
He had a grudging still to be a knave.
2. A symptom of disease. [Not in use.]
GRUDG'INGLY, adverb Unwillingly; with reluctance or discontent; as, to give grudgingly