- First Reference: Proverbs 11:22
- Last Reference: Ezekiel 16:12
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: Yes
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
[STONES, PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS]
JEW'EL, noun [Low Latin jocale.]
1. An ornament worn by ladies, usually consisting of a precious stone, or set with one or more; a pendant worn in the ear.
2. A precious stone.
3. A name expressive of fondness. A mother calls her child, her jewel
JEW'EL, verb transitive To dress or adorn with jewels.
JEW'ELED, participle passive Adorned with jewels.
JEW'ELER, noun One who makes or deals in jewels and other ornaments.
JEW'EL-LIKE, adjective Brilliant as a jewel.
JEW'ELING, participle present tense Adorning with jewels.
JEW'EL-OFFICE, noun The place where the royal ornaments are reposited.
JEW'ELRY, noun Jewels in general.
Betrothal presents of
Borrowed from Egyptians by Israelites
Exodus 3:22; Exodus 11:2; Exodus 12:35
Dedicated to the tabernacle
Exodus 35:22; Numbers 31:50-52
Regarded by Jacob as obnoxious to holiness
Genesis 35:4; Exodus 33:4-6; Isaiah 3:18-21
Tokens of love
Worn by men
Proverbs 20:15; Malachi 3:17
Bracelet; Chains; Ear-Ring; Muffler; Pearl; Ring; Seal; Stones, Precious