- Bible Reference: Job 24:2
- Included in Eastons: Yes
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H1367 Used 1 time
A boundary line indicated by a stone, stake, etc. (Deuteronomy 19:14; 27:17; Proverbs 22:28; 23:10; Job 24:2). Landmarks could not be removed without incurring the severe displeasure of God.
LAND'MARK, noun [land and mark.]
1. A mark to designate the boundary of land; any mark or fixed object; as a marked tree, a stone, a ditch, or a heap of stones, by which the limits of a farm, a town or other portion of territory may be known and preserved.
Thou shalt not remove thy neighbor's landmark Deuteronomy 19:14.
2. In navigation, any elevated object on land that serves as a guide to seamen.
LAND'-OFFICE, noun In the United States, an office in which the sales of new land are registered, and warrants issued for the location of land and other business respecting unsettled land is transacted.
Protected from fraudulent removal
Deuteronomy 19:14; Deuteronomy 27:17; Job 24:2; Proverbs 22:28; Proverbs 23:10; Hosea 5:10