- Bible Reference: Isaiah 33:16
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: Yes
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: No
- Included in BDB: Yes
- H4679 Used 1 time
MUNI'TION, noun [Latin munitio, from munio, to fortify.]
2. Ammunition; whatever materials are used in war for defense, or for annoying an enemy. The word includes guns of all kinds, mortars, etc. and their loading.
3. Provisions of a garrison or fortress, or for ships of war, and in general for an army; stores of all kinds for a fort, an army or navy.
Munition-ships, ships which convey military and naval stores of any kind, and attend or follow a fleet to supply ships of war.