- novice used once.
- Bible Reference: 1 Timothy 3:6
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: Yes
- Included in BDB: No
- G3504 Used 1 time
NOV'ICE, noun [Latin from new.]
1. One who is new in any business; one unacquainted or unskilled; one in the rudiments; a beginner.
I am young, a novice in the trade.
2. One that has entered a religious house but has not taken the vow; a probationer.
3. One newly planted in the church, or one newly converted to the Christian faith. 1 Timothy 3:6.