- Bible Reference: Hebrews 9:23
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: Yes
- Included in BDB: No
- G5262 Used 1 time
1. An original or model proposed for imitation; the archetype; an exemplar; that which is to be copies or imitated, either in things or in actions; as the pattern of a machine; a pattern of patience. Christ was the most perfect pattern of rectitude, patience and submission ever exhibited on earth.
2. A specimen; a sample; a part showing the figure or quality of the whole; as a pattern of silk cloth.
3. An instance; an example.
4. Any thing cut of formed into the shape of something to be made after it.
To pattern after, to imitate; to follow.