- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: Yes
- Included in BDB: Yes
REPA'Y, verb transitive
1. To pay back; to refund; as, to repay money borrowed or advanced.
2. To make return or requital; in a good or bad sense; as, to repay kindness; to repay an injury.
Benefits which cannot be repaid - are not commonly found to increase affection.
3. To recompense, as for a loss.
4. To compensate; as false honor repaid in contempt.
REPA'YABLE, adjective That is to be repaid or refunded; as money lent, repayable at the end of sixty days.
REPA'YING, participle present tense Paying back; compensating; requiting.
1. The act of paying back; reimbursement.
2. The money or other thing repaid.