- shipping used once.
- Bible Reference: John 6:24
- Included in Eastons: No
- Included in Hitchcocks: No
- Included in Naves: No
- Included in Smiths: No
- Included in Websters: Yes
- Included in Strongs: Yes
- Included in Thayers: Yes
- Included in BDB: No
- G1519 Used 1 time
SHIP'PING, participle present tense
1. Putting on board of a ship or vessel; receiving on board.
2. adjective Relating to ships; as shipping concerns.
SHIP'PING, noun Ships in general; ships or vessels of any kind for navigation. The shipping of the English nation exceeds that of any other. The tunnage of shipping belonging to the United States is second only to that of Great Britain.
To take shipping to embark; to enter on board a ship or vessel for conveyance or passage.
SHIP'-SHAPE, adverb In a seamanlike manner.